Tuesday, June 29, 2010

wow has it really been 2 weeks?

So my last blog post was June 15th and thats actually kind of hard to believe. Don't worry guys I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! However, I have gotten progressively more busy every day, and its about to multiply. The first 5 weeks are almost up (CRAZY) and that means the staff are going to leave us in charge of everything for the second half of the summer. For those of you who don't know this isn't something they just like sprung on us, we knew when we signed up that the staff would leave halfway through its just actually about to happen. I was blessed enough that they chose me to co-lead the evangelism team for the second half of the summer with this awesome guy named Charlie Lelane. So my responsibilities and amount of meetings are about to go way up, but my job hours and other responsibilities are not going down so I'm preparing myself to count on God for every ounce of energy and asking him to give me just a little bit of time to blog every once in a while if thats what He wants :) Anyway most of you know I have a strong passion for evangelism, I think my eyes are most lit up when I'm doing that, or worship. Either way evangelism is something that I really feel alive while doing and something God has gifted me with a passion for so I'm very excited for the opportunity to lead the evangelistic aspect of our project. God has been teaching me so much about living the spirit-filled life, about prayer, about leadership, humility, servitude, and just about Him it's been such an awesome experience and while I can't believe its almost halfway over already I also can't believe that I still have another 5 and a half weeks of this, it's amazing. Shout out to Karl real quick, hes the staff guy who's been discipling me and listening whenever I need to talk and teaching me a lot of awesome things and praying for me and encouraging me despite having a wife and 3 children to be the spiritual leader of and I really really really appreciate it. God put him in my life for a reason and he can really relate to me very well and I'm so grateful. Hes leaving and he will be missed so thats my shout out to him, love you Karl! Tomorrow I get to go to a Giants vs Dodgers baseball game with my uncle which is going to be awesome. I'm not a huge baseball fan and would never watch a televised game but I've been to one or two live games before and its pretty fun stuff, but more than anything I'm excited to spend the day with Uncle Richard, I haven't really ever gotten to see much of him since he lives here in California and I live in North Carolina but hes a really cool guy so it should be fun. The evangelism team has a 3 option outreach planned which we are really excited for. One option will be to go to UCSC (University of Cali Santa Cruz) and do surveys/prayer walk if not many people are around, another option just for men will be to go early in the morning to where a lot of hispanic men line up outside a hardware store waiting for someone to come hire them for something like yard work or whatever else and bring them biscuits as well as spanish versions of the bible or Knowing God Personally booklets. The third option will be an outreach to the international students who are staying at a motel down the road. We are asking every student on project to sign up for at least one, challenging all the men on project to sign up for the day laborers one, and strongly encouraging people to sign up for more than one. It will be a great way to reach 3 of our target areas in Santa Cruz for the Gospel though and I'm really excited for it. That's all I can really think of right now but God is really moving here right now in my life and in Santa Cruz and I would love to thank all the people who are praying for me and all those who gave financially, the things you are reading about on this blog are the things that you are investing in and I hope it excites you as much as it does me!

1 comment:

  1. the leadership skills, especially as a part of the E team,are worth every cent invested in this trip. Proud of you and how you are doing God's work!

    ReplyDelete