Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Day Late

Hey so since I didn't have time last night, I'm gonna write you about yesterday now and today tonight, if that makes any sense. Okay so yesterday was my first day as a game operator, but not really. I went to work all nice and dressed up in my uniform, after doing a quiet time and getting with the other game operators to throw a blanket of prayer over our days. When we got there, we realized it was just yet another orientation. 12-5 of learning game operator specific stuff even though two days ago was 5 hours of job orientation but it was a lot more broad. Anyway so that was long and draining and I'm sick of orientations but I did meet a few of my coworkers and that was pretty awesome. If we hadn't blanketed our day with prayer I might have not had the best attitude about it, but it turned out okay. We did dinner, uneventful. Then we did 2 hours of training, an hour of which was led by Holly Thomas. She talked about creating movements on our campus' and it was alright, I know it was really exciting for some people because she talked about entering into other peoples cultures and that was something God had already really hit me with last year, so I know some people in the room were getting hit with it last night just like I was and feeling called to do something when they go back. The other part though was with Noel on how to follow up with people after we've shared the Gospel and that was all really exciting, useful stuff a lot of which I hadn't heard before. The whole combination of orientation and training is so exhausting, training is exciting but I feel like I'm only halfway mentally present for it. I'll be so glad when all the orientations are over and I can just focus on the training, because right now it all seems so back to back to back and I can't focus for that long. Anyway then we went on a 2 mile run which was fun and obviously good for me, and then I went to bed. So that was my yesterday.

2 comments: