Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hey everybody! Road trip is finally over, and let me tell you what: pulling into the Peter Pan Motel blasting music and having everyone who was there already cheering was one of the most awesome feelings ever. Having spent so long on the road and finally pulling up to the final destination was awesome. Also awesome was seeing months of God working and raising support for 60 people all come together in one place at one time. The people who all showed up at the Pan God has raised up a total of like hundreds of thousands of dollars, and it all came together at once it was mind blowing. Everybody was super warm and friendly and welcoming and you could just walk up and be like "Hey I'm Matt" and they say their name and then you stand and have like a 20 minute conversation, it was awesome. Nobody was awkward or anything like that and we all had the same thing motivating all of us being here. The whole first night was just really awesome, and God was moving. The first day however today was less exciting. It was definitely necessary in that we had a super long orientation, but it was long enough that I had a headache at the end of it. I think we spent 5 hours in orientation, but we did have breaks. That night though we went to dinner with our bible studies which was awesome getting to know them and then we heard our bible study leaders testimonies. So today was pretty tiring but I'm still in the phase of I can't believe I'm actually here because I've been looking forward to it for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment