Friday, June 4, 2010

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

So this morning was job orientation. I found out that I will be a game operator. So I'll be doing the stuff like shooting baskets on that oval basketball goal that nobody can make it on and throwing balls at milk things and all that good stuff. I start tomorrow at noon. Anyway the orientation wasn't awful but not great anything. Then this afternoon we did our first training session. Mike Mehaffie gave a talk on how to share the Gospel using the KGP, and Misty Cook gave a talk on how to live the spirit filled life, and Josh Bolden gave a talk on preparing our testimonies. It was good stuff, but my personal favorite was Mike Mehaffies talk, he has soo much to offer and I'm really excited to be learning from him. Anyway from there we went to the coolest part of the night. We went to the Soquel Vineyard which is owned by a couple who is good friends with Mike. They let us all come up and see their beautiful vineyard and eat dinner there and do praise and worship there. Lots of pictures for the vineyard but it really brought a very really tangible expression of John 15 about Jesus being the true vine (hence the title of this blog post). It was pretty cool. Worshiping there was also awesome. Now chilling back at the Peter Pan

1 comment:

  1. This was the reading/focus of the sermon on Sun.so I was thinking about you and smiling. They focused a lot on later verses in the chapter, focusing on joy - a fruit of the Spirit.
    Remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love...I have told you this so that my joy may be complete in you and that your joy may be complete.

    ReplyDelete