Thursday, July 1, 2010

it's july!

Hey guys so its only been 3 days since my last blog post, and I managed to find enough free time to post another one. I spent all day wednesday with my Uncle Richard which was a lot of fun. He came and got me in the morning and took me up to San Francisco for a Giants vs Dodgers game and we had some pretty good conversation in the car up there cuz its an hour and a half drive and I hardly know my uncle since he lives on the opposite side of the country. The game itself wasn't great, the Giants got blown out and it just wasn't fun to watch but the atmosphere of the ball park was really cool and he showed me around the park and showed me the little bay area where people sit out there in boats trying to catch home runs. Then we left early because the game wasn't really that good and we took the scenic route so we got to talk in the car for like 3 hours and basically on the way home we drove through redwoods, mountains, past beautiful lakes, and finally down route one past a lot of beautiful ocean views. Anyway then my uncle stayed for dinner with us at the Peter Pan which was also pretty cool and then we said our goodbyes and it was all a lot of fun. We had our action group meetings that night, which is what we call our bible study basically for those of you who don't know, that was pretty cool. The topic of the study was how depraved we are as humans and it was really good because it just made us appreciate God's grace all the more. That night I was super hyper for some reason, I had caffeine but I had been hyper before I drank it and caffeine usually doesn't have that kind of affect on me anyway but regardless I was bouncing off the walls, I don't usually get like that but when I do its fun. Yesterday was mostly just work, but I got to share the Gospel with my coworker which was amazing. She was from a place in Taiwan where there is little to no religion and she was basically a blank slate and full of questions and she asked if I was born believing Christianity, which was a dead serious question but I had to try hard not to laugh, from there I said I'll tell you my story and I got to share my testimony. When she heard what God had done in my life she said that sounded so amazing but I told her it wasn't exclusive like she could have that too. When I told her that Jesus had her name in mind when he died on the cross and that he died on the cross to have a relationship with her she smiled ear to ear and said "really?" so all in all it was truly an awesome conversation and I can't wait to talk more with her and answer more of her questions. Today we had friday morning training which was good but I'm not going to talk much on it because lunch is ready! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment