Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blog Revived - with a new title

Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted on here, actually not since my trip last summer. Back in those days my blog had the super original title "A day in the life of Matt." I've revived this blog of course for my trip to Senegal, Africa. and hopefully will continue to use it into next year as I start a part time internship for Campus Crusade for Christ. The reason and heart behind my changing the title to "Don't Waste Your Life" is for a number of reasons, mainly because thats what God has been teaching me lately, and because that is the essence of my calling into full time ministry. Currently I'm working my way into the book "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper and on the back cover it says this: 


"Consider this story from the February 1998 Reader's Digest: A couple 'took early retirement from their jobs in the Northeast five years ago when he was 59 and she was 51. Now they live in Punta Gorda, Florida, where they cruise on their 30-foot trawler, play softball and collect shells. . . .' Picture them before Christ at the great day of judgment: 'Look, Lord. See my shells.' That is a tragedy."


This isn't what I want to do with my life, in fact I cannot imagine that being my life. Recently I was in a car accident, one that I easily could have died in, but I walked out with nothing but a sore shoulder. The song "Don't Waste Your Life" by Lecrae, one of my favorite songs lately, was playing in the car when I got in the wreck. I know without a doubt that the only reason God left me on this earth was to share the Gospel with the people around me. This is the message God has been drilling into my brain for the past few months, and this is the intensity with which I want to live this summer, and the rest of my life. Welcome back to the blog, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment