Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pray for Senegal

Hey everyone!

Please, please, please pray for Senegal, especially the city of Dakar. You may or may not know that there was some rioting there while I was in the country, a lot of political unrest about the President. Long story short nobody likes him and he tried to pass some bills that would keep him in power when nobody wants him to get re-elected next year. The electrical power has also been getting worse and worse there and that's government run. The riots have intensified since my team and I left the country, in fact there is now a curfew in effect on Dakar, the city that I was staying in. Also, some radical Muslim groups that have up until now been pretty underground groups are now using the political unrest and the rioting as pretense for attacking churches. Several evangelical churches in Dakar, at least 6 to my knowledge, have been attacked and burned down by these radical groups. I am especially worried about the safety of many of my Senegalese friends and Nationals who were working with the organization I was there with, they attend evangelical churches and I honestly have no idea it could have been their's that was burned down. There aren't a ton of evangelical churches in Senegal so it wouldn't be a stretch. Please pray for the country, and for my friends. Pray that God would show up there in a mighty way, to protect the believers there and to use this for His Glory. Pray for Pascal and his family, Yasenth (sp?) and his family, Martin, Severe, Pacifique, Ida, Etienne and all of his cousins, Samba, etc. Thank you all, I love you!

In Christ,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment